👋In case we've never met before, we're WebMechanix - an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Columbia, MD. We develop and manage high-impact performance marketing programs for over 60+ clients, through strategy and execution, whether through digital media, SEO, compelling user experiences, or elegant technical solutions.
Our UX Designer role supports our clients by helping us focus on their customers and users - helping WebMechanix create relevant, provocative, useful experiences and supporting the work of marketing teams by improving our understanding of their target audiences. This person will work within a larger creative team and will often be asked to lead projects or ride alongside other creative or development team members.
Here's what you'll do:
- Plan and conduct user research and heuristic analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a user experience discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in;
- Conducting and presenting user research
- Translating research into compelling digital experiences
- Presenting analyses and concepts to clients - defending your work while still maintaining flexibility and the ability to compromise
- Experience using industry research and design tools (e.g., Hotjar, remote UAT, Google Analytics, Figma, Adobe CC Suite)
- Experience supporting A/B testing or other conversion rate optimization workflows
- Experience using A/B testing tools (e.g., Optimize, Optimizely, Convert, etc.) a plus.
- Solid understanding of WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS--understanding their potentials and limitations
- Ability to work independently or alongside directors, designers, developers, marketers, or strategists
- A positive can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast-paced environment
- Digital agency experience is a plus, especially working alongside digital marketing (SEO, PPC, CRM, etc.)
Here's what you get:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance w/ employer contribution
- 401K Matching
- Monthly Mentorship Meetings
- 6 Weeks Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- 10.5 Paid Holidays
- Healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks in our pantry
- Casual dress code
- Actual growth opportunities
And if you're curious how people feel about working at WebMechanix, check us out on Glassdoor! We're a 4.5/5 :) If you're also curious about the quality of work we do, check us out on Clutch! We're a 4.8/5!
We are an EEO employer: Minority/Female/Disabled.